Shopping in Maui is pretty easy. There’s plenty of grocery stores, ABC stores, malls and small boutique shops. You can find the same shopping comforts in the mainland in Maui too. Here is a complete list of popular places to shop!
Groceries & Everyday Essentials
- ABC is like an upscale convenience store or quick mart that is ALL over the island. They carry a wide selection of snacks, drinks, pre-made food, everyday essentials, sunblock, boxes of candies, gifts and souvenirs.
- Costco is really conveniently located 1 mile from Kahului Airport. After you land, head over to stock up on supplies. They even sell Hawaiian treats like chocolates and macadamia nuts in bulk for cheap.
- Foodland is located in 5 convenient locations in Maui. 2 in Lahaina (west Maui), Kihei (south Maui), Pukalani and Kahului (north Maui).
- Longs Drugs also known as CVS now. 6 locations with a Pharmacy and some have a photo center. Conveniently located in Lahaina, Wailuku, Kahului, 2 in Kihei and Pukalani.
- Safeway is spread all over Maui in 3 convenient locations, Lahaina (west Maui), Kihei (south Maui) and Kahului (north Maui) which serves all major regions of Maui.
- Target is a great place to get cheap souvenirs and beach essentials. Conveniently located 2 miles from the Kahului airport.
Farmer’s Markets – Locals sell their Maui grown fruits, flowers and vegetables as well as hand made arts and crafts.
- Farmer’s Market in Kahului every Wednesday from 6am to 1pm at the Kahului Shopping Center near Ah Fooks Super Market (65 W Kaahumanu Ave # 3A, Kahului, HI 96732-1611)
- Honokowai Farmer’s Market across from the Honokowai Beach Park (west Maui) on the lower Honoapiilani Road every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7am to 11am.
- Kihei’s Farmer’s Market at 61 S Kihei Road across from Kihei Canoe Club from Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm, Fridays 8am to 5pm
- Ohana Farmer’s Market every Friday from 8:30am to 2:30pm at the Queen Kaahumanu Center in Kahului. 808-871-8347
- Wailuku Farmer’s market every Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm at the Maui County parking lot on market street.
Malls / Shopping Centers
- Downtown Lahaina has a strip of recognized shops, major beachwear companies, locals shops, art galleries, hand made crafts, handful of restaurants all along Front street which is right across from the beach. Locals show case their art and crafts every Friday from 7pm to 9pm called Art Night with live entertainment. Every second and last Thursday of the month locals demonstrate how to make fresh leis. Parking is a mixture of free limited street parking, affordable public parking and validated parking.
- Lahaina Cannery Mall is great place to get cheap Island wear. It features local shops for beachwear, a food court, casual restaurants, Starbucks, Long Drugs, 24 hour Safeway and Boss Frog for your snorkel rental needs. Every Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm there’s a free Hula show plus free Ukulele lessons every Tuesday at 5:45pm and Free Keiki Hula show at 1pm every Saturday and Sunday. Plenty of free ample parking.
- Lahaina Center is located at the north end of Front street. The complex includes over 30 shops (Hilo Hattie) , restaurants (Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Hard Rock Cafe, etc), night club, movie theatre and Warren & Annabelle’s Magic show. Free validated parking.
- Maui Mall a small shopping center in Kahului with a local feel. It features Whole Foods Market, Longs Drug, Kahului Ale House (sports bar), small boutiques and a movie theatre.
- Queen Kaahumanu Center also located in Kahului, offers over 100 shops from major brands (American Eagle, Pacific Sunwear, Foot locker, Forever 21) to local stores, Macy’s, Sears and island style boutiques. The food court is filled with international food. They even have a stage for musical performances. If that’s not enough for you, a movie theatre is also there.
- Shops at Wailea an upscale outdoor shopping center with plenty of shops and restaurants. It features over 50 shops (Banana Republic, Gap, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, etc), restaurants, cafes and local stores like Ki’i Gallery. Ample of free parking.
- Whalers Village located in Kaanapali is another upscale outdoor shopping center with fancy stores like Louis Vuitton & Coach as well as beachwear stores like Quiksilver, Roxy and Volcom paired with ocean front restaurants and dessert shops. It’s also home to the Whalers Village Museum. Although parking is limited and expensive.